It is the policy of Photon Energy to seek to provide safe and healthy working conditions, to encourage safe working methods and to enlist the active support of all personnel employed in achieving these ends. In meeting these objectives, Photon Energy will:
- Endeavour to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of employees and those whose work is controlled by Photon Energy.
- Bring to the notice of all employees our safety policies and make arrangements for their health and safety at work.
- Provide the necessary information, training and supervision for safe working practices and the need to work safely.
- Have regard for health and safety of those not employed by Photon Energy, but who may be affected by our operations.
The Directors are responsible for health and safety arrangements supported by the Health & Safety Officer who is responsible for instigating, monitoring and reporting on safety arrangements.
Photon Energy expects every employee to take reasonable care of the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions; to co-operate with management in achieving safe working conditions and in complying with all relevant statutory provisions relating to health and safety at work.
It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others by:
- Making themselves familiar with the contents of the Health and Safety Manual.
- Wearing and using safety clothing and equipment provided.
- Conforming with verbal and written instructions concerning health and safety.
- Reporting all accidents, whether persons are injured or not.
- Reporting all hazards, potential hazards or persons creating hazards.
- Co-operating with Photon Energy in seeing that regulations are observed, and where possible, making suggestions for their improvement.
- Abide by any Risk Assessments and Method Statements issued.
Our health and safety procedures are kept under constant review and regular meetings are held to identify where they can be improved.
Photon Energy accepts the responsibility, where appropriate, for ensuring that all fire precautionary measures are taken in premises occupied by them for the maintenance of free access to emergency escape routes.