It is the policy of Photon Energy to seek to provide safe and healthy working conditions, to encourage safe working methods and to enlist the active support of all personnel employed in achieving these ends. In meeting these objectives, Photon Energy will:
- Endeavour to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of employees and those whose work is controlled by Photon Energy.
- Bring to the notice of all employees our safety policies and make arrangements for their health and safety at work.
- Provide the necessary information, training and supervision for safe working practices and the need to work safely.
- Have regard for health and safety of those not employed by Photon Energy, but who may be affected by our operations.
The Directors are responsible for health and safety arrangements supported by the Health & Safety Officer who is responsible for instigating, monitoring and reporting on safety arrangements.
Photon Energy expects every employee to take reasonable care of the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions; to co-operate with management in achieving safe working conditions and in complying with all relevant statutory provisions relating to health and safety at work.
It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others by:
- Making themselves familiar with the contents of the Health and Safety Manual.
- Wearing and using safety clothing and equipment provided.
- Conforming with verbal and written instructions concerning health and safety.
- Reporting all accidents, whether persons are injured or not.
- Reporting all hazards, potential hazards or persons creating hazards.
- Co-operating with Photon Energy in seeing that regulations are observed, and where possible, making suggestions for their improvement.
- Abide by any Risk Assessments and Method Statements issued.
Our health and safety procedures are kept under constant review and regular meetings are held to identify where they can be improved.
Photon Energy accepts the responsibility, where appropriate, for ensuring that all fire precautionary measures are taken in premises occupied by them for the maintenance of free access to emergency escape routes.
The Directors of Photon Energy are committed to providing a service that fully meets the needs of our customers. We always aim to ensure that our work and services are fully in line with our customers’ expectations and are aligned with the contractual requirements agreed between the customer and Photon Energy.
We give careful attention to the needs of our customers, and aim to provide our customers with high quality renewable energy systems, delivered in a safe and timely manner and at competitive prices. We strive to provide a high quality service at all times and are always seeking to identify ways in which our services can be improved. Our commitment to quality is endorsed by a documented quality management system, which is subject to internal and external audits at regular intervals.
In order to ensure the quality of the works we undertake, and the services we provide continue to be paramount, we set regular quality objectives in our quality management system. All policies and procedures have been structured to meet the requirements of BSEN ISO 9001:2008. Each member of staff is aware of our commitment to quality, and is required to observe the requirements of our quality management system at all times.
At Photon Energy, we recognise our obligations to comply with the law and carry out our business in as environmentally sound a manner as possible. We also appreciate that when meeting our own needs we must not compromise the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Every aspect of what we do has an input and an output effect upon the natural environment, the local community and also the wider community. Sustainable development requires us to understand these inputs and outputs and to manage our undertakings so as to reduce their levels to a point that is as low as reasonably practicable or ideally so that all inputs are from sustainable sources and the outputs are neutral or positive; even if that involves additional financial cost today.
Our Environmental and Sustainability Policy is that we will:
- Ensure we identify and comply with the letter and the spirit of applicable legislation and statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as meeting industry standards and operating to relevant Codes of Practice.
- We will endeavour to reduce the amount of waste produced and dispose of such waste in a safe or responsible way, re-using or recycling where applicable.
- Monitor and measure any environmentally significant emissions and discharges into water air and land to minimise environmental impact.
- Establish processes to prevent pollution and within our measurable controls, conserve energy wherever possible and undertake programmes to continuously improve our environmental and sustainability performance.
- Minimise the environmental and sustainability impact of our operational processes.
- Promote environmental and sustainability principles by sharing and exchanging information of importance with regulatory bodies, professional associations, customers, suppliers, neighbours, contractors and employees.
- Establish environmental and sustainability training needs within the company and maintain training programmes.
- As part of our Integrated Management System, develop and maintain an Environmental Management System compliant with the requirements of ISO14001:2004 and maintain such accreditations.
- Identify significant environmental aspects and manage their impacts.
- Establish objectives and targets and review this Environmental and Sustainability Policy on a regular basis, reviewing our operations in order to minimise our impacts. These targets and plans to address:
- Energy consumption
- Material production
- Purchasing recyclable materials
- Supporting local businesses and the local economy
- Consider all items purchased their whole life cycle, environmental and sustainability impact, using recyclable, recycled or items from sustainable sources wherever possible.
- Consider our clients, staff and neighbours in creating a better working environment that ideally has no negative impact on the surrounding areas, ideally working so our undertakings have a positive social, economic and environmental impact.
- The necessary personnel and financial resources will be allocated to assist the company in meeting its environmental objectives. In addition, the company shall continue to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers.