Graduate Engineer Training Programme
Job Opportunity: Graduate Engineer
Established in 2006, Photon Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent installers of large solar PV systems to the commercial and public sectors. We have a reputation for engineering excellence and have an established track record of recruiting new graduates.
For further information on the company, please take a look at our website.
We are now seeking applications from new engineering graduates to join our Graduate Engineer Training Programme based at our headquarters in Reading, Berkshire. The programme has been established to ensure that our new graduate engineers benefit from the wide range of activities we undertake across the business. As well as participating in our extensive in-house training programme, selected graduates will gain experience of:
- Electrical and mechanical design of solar PV systems
- Project management
- Practical on site experience of installation work
- Sales, pricing and client meetings
- Purchasing and warehouse operations
Our Graduate Engineer Training Programme will provide you with the building blocks to enable you to accelerate your personal development and career progression. The programme runs over two years and has a focus on ensuring our engineers develop the leadership and project management skills to enhance their career progression.
Each successful applicant will be assigned a personal mentor who will guide them to make the most of the opportunities within Photon Energy.
Ultimately our graduate programme has been developed to enable candidates to become Chartered Engineers and to become future leaders within Photon Energy. In addition to a 2.1 or equivalent degree in electrical, mechanical or combined engineering (or similar) applicants should:
- Be organised reliable with a multi-tasking approach to project delivery
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be completely fluent in English with a good telephone manner
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD
- Be able to work with both office and site based staff
We are an equal opportunities employer.