At Photon Energy, we recognise our obligations to comply with the law and carry out our business in as environmentally sound a manner as possible. We also appreciate that when meeting our own needs we must not compromise the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Every aspect of what we do has an input and an output effect upon the natural environment, the local community and also the wider community. Sustainable development requires us to understand these inputs and outputs and to manage our undertakings so as to reduce their levels to a point that is as low as reasonably practicable or ideally so that all inputs are from sustainable sources and the outputs are neutral or positive; even if that involves additional financial cost today.
Our Environmental and Sustainability Policy is that we will:
- Ensure we identify and comply with the letter and the spirit of applicable legislation and statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as meeting industry standards and operating to relevant Codes of Practice.
- We will endeavour to reduce the amount of waste produced and dispose of such waste in a safe or responsible way, re-using or recycling where applicable.
- Monitor and measure any environmentally significant emissions and discharges into water air and land to minimise environmental impact.
- Establish processes to prevent pollution and within our measurable controls, conserve energy wherever possible and undertake programmes to continuously improve our environmental and sustainability performance.
- Minimise the environmental and sustainability impact of our operational processes.
- Promote environmental and sustainability principles by sharing and exchanging information of importance with regulatory bodies, professional associations, customers, suppliers, neighbours, contractors and employees.
- Establish environmental and sustainability training needs within the company and maintain training programmes.
- As part of our Integrated Management System, develop and maintain an Environmental Management System compliant with the requirements of ISO14001:2004 and maintain such accreditations.
- Identify significant environmental aspects and manage their impacts.
- Establish objectives and targets and review this Environmental and Sustainability Policy on a regular basis, reviewing our operations in order to minimise our impacts. These targets and plans to address:
- Energy consumption
- Material production
- Purchasing recyclable materials
- Supporting local businesses and the local economy
- Consider all items purchased their whole life cycle, environmental and sustainability impact, using recyclable, recycled or items from sustainable sources wherever possible.
- Consider our clients, staff and neighbours in creating a better working environment that ideally has no negative impact on the surrounding areas, ideally working so our undertakings have a positive social, economic and environmental impact.
- The necessary personnel and financial resources will be allocated to assist the company in meeting its environmental objectives. In addition, the company shall continue to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers.